You know the benefits of the cloud, but how do you get there?
Strafford has helped hundreds of businesses like yours pave the way by performing a needs assessment to determine your suitability and readiness for cloud services. We approach every consulting project with a "cloud first" mentality but know that there may be work processes that may not be comfortable in the cloud. Our cloud assessment team will assess your current environment and recommend the best options - always keeping in mind: TECHNOLOGY. PEOPLE. PROCESS.
Limited time offer! SIGN UP TODAY >>
Cloud Readiness Checklist
Below are just 5 of the considerations we take into account when we perform a cloud readiness assessment.
- Workload - What workloads or group of applications need to move to the cloud? It is essential to make sure to move business applications, infrastructure services as well as all add-on applications that rely heavily on the primary business application(s).
- Priority - Instead of committing to a total digital transformation, what non-critical application should you move first? Select one that is important enough for the CFO/CIO to make the strategic decisions for the rest of the applications.
- Timeliness - When is the best time to migrate your business application? Most finance teams have specific planning and reporting cycles that should be taken into consideration when you decide to migrate your apps to the cloud. Take time to determine the months/weeks when the migration can happen.
- Grouping - What sub-components or interfaces interface with the business application? Overtime, some business applications are enhanced and/or treated and funded differently. When moving to the cloud, documenting all associated interfaces, data and file transfers enables the best approach for the set of applications you'll be migrating to the cloud.
- Migration Strategy - What's best, a "lift and shift" or "big bang"? Decide up front whether you'll simply migrate everything "as is" or if you'll upgrade apps and infrastructure at the same time. In many cases, if your business application environment is outdated, it's best to approach it as a "big bang" because you'll often achieve the same goal in a shorter time frame, and cost.
Register today for your cloud readiness assessment from Strafford Technology.